Crystal message: “You are motivated by divine purpose. Allow yourself to tap into universal creativity and feel it flow through you. If you remain focused, you will manifest your vision with ease.”
The ancient Egyptians prized carnelian reasons both practical and metaphysical. Since wax doesn’t stick to it, this form of chalcedony works well for seal. And its golden-red color reminded them of the sun setting over the desert, symbolizing the immortality of the soul. Carnelian often accompanies turquoise, the fiery qualities of the one balancing the air and water associations of the other. Egyptians personified these qualities through the fierce lion goddess Sekhmet and the mild Hathor, who sometimes appears as a cow.
Because of its color, carnelian was associated with the magical blood of Isis. The Egyptian Book of the Dead says the carnelian should be “dipped into the juice of aukhama [sorry, I’ve been unable to discover what this is], then inlaid into the substance of the sycamore wood and put on the neck of the deceased. Whoever has this chapter read to him, the virtue of Isis protects him; Horus, the son of Isis, rejoices in seeing him, and no way is barred to him.”
A scarab beetle of carnelian, with signature hieroglyphs on the bottom, might be an amulet for either the living or the dead. It could be set in a ring of clay, to be worn and used as a signature seal. Such a seal could also be placed over the heart of the deceased to be used in the afterlife.
- Helps you to feel grounded
- Increases motivation
- Stimulates success in business and financial endeavors
- Assists you in overcoming negative thought patterns and self-limiting beliefs
- Enhances sexual energy
- Improves concentration
- Opens your heart chakra to divine guidance and loveInstills a sense of peace and calming within the user
- Removes negative energy from items or from your environment
- Helps lessen pain associated with the back or with the sciatic nerve
- Speeds up recovery of broken bones
- Remedies sluggish digestion by enhancing the digestive fire
- Aids with emotional balance
- Helps heal the reproductive organs
- Increases blood circulation
Notes: When Carnelian is banded, it is often called “Carnelian Agate.”
Wanna’ Get Science-y? Click Here to get information about the chemical composition, hardness, streak, etc. of this crystal from one of my favorite sites.